Sunday, October 2, 2016

zen.

In my drawing of the word zen i wanted to work on my shadows. I do not think this picture does my artwork very well. I believe the light in the picture i took, did not reflect off the art well. The shadows were made with a variety of graphite pencils: including 2H,HB,2B,4B,6B, and 8B. My most difficult challenge was creating good shadows. Instead of fighting the given challenges, I moved the words around my page to give the shadows room. I think my painting really works where I overlap the shadows on the words. Lauren Wright's artwork helped me because she creates such great shadows in her art. I am proud of this work and if I had more time i would work harder to smooth out the shading. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. Composition is a good one. emphasis on shadow takes us INTO the picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how the shadow is coming off of the word and your shading is great.

    ReplyDelete