Tuesday, October 18, 2016

pumpkinz

This week I created this drawing of 2 pumpkins with charcoal. I wanted to really highlight the shadows of the given pumpkin this week. I was surprised by the  amount of time it takes to make the shadows and highlights of the pumpkin perfect. The most difficult part of drawing this pumpkin was making the shadows bright, but also blended, because that is my personal preference. I believe my drawing really works because of the size, shape, and placement of the pumpkin. I also enjoy how realistic my pumpkin looks. I will definitely use the skill of very dark blacks and bright highlights in drawings to come. Kaelyn's art inspired me because her shadows were very dark and she blended them well with her highlights. If i had a do-over, I would probably make the pumpkin just a little bit bigger, but I am pleased with my product. 

3 comments: